Ugandan authorities Tuesday in a quarantine of 13 people who raised their body suspected of Ebola's death in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) because bleeding tests are being conducted.
The Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) in a joint statement said this in Kampala.
The statement states that 13 relatives went to Bunia Hospital in DRC to repatriate the body of the 46-year-old man to a funeral in the eastern district of Tororo.
"Their details have been gathered and these people are currently separated from the rest of the community," a joint statement said.
The statement states that the deceased was first admitted to Bunia Hospital in November 2018 after complaining of chest pain and cough, sometimes with blood.
His condition worsened last week and died on Friday.
"A dead man has been living and working in the DRC for the last eight years.
He developed Ebola-like symptoms and died on Friday, "a joint statement said.
"His death certificate from the hospital indicates the cause of death, such as heart failure and pulmonary tuberculosis."
The Ministry of Health has sent a funeral team, which will later lead a safe and dignified funeral.
This statement states that there is no confirmed Ebola case in Uganda.
"Active search of cases continues in all communities, health establishments, and at formal and informal border crossing in all districts, especially in high-risk areas," the statement said.
Uganda is warning Ebola because parts of the neighboring eastern DRC face the outbreak of deadly hemorrhagic fever.
The highly contagious Ebola virus causes a number of symptoms, including fever, vomiting, diarrhea, generalized pain or nausea and, in many cases, internal and external bleeding according to the WHO.
Ebola's mortality is extremely high, according to the Global Health Authority, with human mortality ranging from 50% to 89% depending on the viral subtype.
(Xinhua / NAN)