Monday , September 23 2019
Home / africa / 'I'm not the mastermind behind killings'

'I'm not the mastermind behind killings'



Fita Khupe says he could not have organized the killings as he was in Zimbabwe at the time of the mass murder last month.

FILE: Fita Khuphe appeared in Lenasia Magistrates Court for allegedly killing seven people in Vlakfontein. Picture: Abigail Javier / EWN

JOHANNESBURG – Murder accused Fita Khupe has dismissed his co-accused Ernest Mabaso's claim that he has forced him to rape and kill seven members of the Khoza family in Vlakfontein.

Khupe says he could not have organized the killings as he was in Zimbabwe at the time of the mass murder last month.

But the investigating officer in the case has disputed this and says cell phone records show Khupe was in the country when four of the victims were killed.

The men are applying for bail in the Protea Magistrates Court.

WATCH: Vlakfontein is accused of blame

Khupe has rejected Mabaso's version that he is the mastermind who forced him to kill the Khoza family.

He says he was in a relationship with one of the victims and could not have committed the crime because he was out of the country.

However, investigating officer Sanele Ndlovu says they have cell phone records that show Khupe and Mabaso were in constant contact during the time of the killings.

He told the court that he should not be bail because of the serious nature of the crime.

(Edited by Mihlali Ntsabo)


Source link