Tuesday , June 25 2019
Home / africa / Saga #PleaseCallMe: Lesufi ignores threats and warms Vodac

Saga #PleaseCallMe: Lesufi ignores threats and warms Vodac



ANK Gauteng Vice-President Panyaza Lesufi says he is talking to the Minister of Finance on Transversal Government Treaties with Vodacom [JSE:VOD] and international institutions in spite of the threat of a telecommunication company's legal action.

Lesufi, also educated by Gauteng MEC, approached media briefing Wednesday in a personal position with ANC Liliesleaf and members of the #PleaseCallMe Movement before plans to shut down Vodaflora in Midrand on Thursday.

Lesufi is a vocal on Twitter on social networks and asks Vodacom to pay Involor Please Call Inventor Nkosana Makate for product development in 2000. Please call me a free service that allows the user without a broadcast time to send an SMS requesting a call back.

On Wednesday afternoon, he continued the news and encouraged people to boycott from February 1, unless Vodacom responded to their demands.

According to the court orders shared by Lesufi, Makate and Modise Setoaba, the organizer of the Please Call Me Movement, until midday on Wednesday, had to abandon "false and derogatory comments" on Vodacom and "to call for and / or incite invasion to store Vodaworld. "

"Vodacom confirms that he wrote to Mr. Nkosan Makate, MEC for education in Gauteng, Mr. Panyaz Lesufi and Mr. Modis Setoab, the Please Call Me killing machine.This is a result of the recent threats to attack our offices on January 31. It was incorrectly called" stop and drop " "Vodacom spokesman Byron Kennedy confirmed Fin24 in an e-mail.

Turn off Vodafone

The Constitutional Court ruled in April 2016 that Vodacom was committed to Makat's oral agreement with Phillip Geissler's then director, and should begin negotiating with him "on reasonable pay".

The #PleaseCallMe movement, which claims to be a "movement against corporate bullying and injustice toward consumers," plans to close Vodaworld's offices along with ANC Liliesleaf's affiliate on Thursday until Makata is paid what Setoaby says.

Kennedy said Vodacom has "continuity plans for managing any case".

The Telecommunications Company says it now considers the matter to be closed and the ball that Makat's court as Vodacom is ready and willing to pay for.

"On January 9, 2019, Chief Executive Officer of the Vodacom Group (Shameel Joosub) announced his decision and commitment to Makate and Vodacom's lawyers.

"After following the order of the Constitutional Court on this letter, Vodacom believes Vodacom Group's decision, which took place in a court-approved" interruption mechanism ", is final," said Kennedy

Earlier this month, Makat said he had rejected an agreement called "shocking and insulting amount."

However, the mobile operator said it had not yet received Makate's official announcement to reject the settlement amount.

Pay the amount

While Vodacom claims to be unable to disclose the final settlement number, in a complaint lodged by the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors and the Company and the Intellectual Property Commission in April 2018 against Vodacom and its audit firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers for incorrect disclosure of the annual accounts, Makate stated that Vodacom he offered R10m.

Makate claims he should receive 15% of the revenue from Call Me since it was the original deal he had with Vodacom verbally. This number is convinced that it exceeds R10bn.

#PleaseCallMe Movement distributes flyers that require Vodacom to pay Makate R70bn. The telecom giant, which has 79 million subscribers both in the US and abroad, has generated R86.bn revenue and a net profit of R15.6bn in 2017/2018.

More complex issues are the standpoint of Nkatek Nyok, head of Vodacom's legal and regulatory committee, who claims that MTN's competitor invented and patented Call Me before Makat.

Makat intervened that former CEO Allan Knott-Craig, Vodacom's chief executive, admitted that the mobile operator was the first to come up with this idea in the country.

While the ten-year long dispute has dragged on, Makate has several major interventions in his corner with former public protector Thuli Madonsella and communications secretary Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, who tells Vodacom on Twitter to pay him.

In December, Vodacom faced boycott threats on the part of economic freedom fighters (EFF) after the speaker in a sponsored society event used an image that presented the party leader as "abusive liberty".

The mobile network met with the EFF and issued a joint statement saying that the matter could be dealt with differently to avoid "misunderstanding".


Source link