River and Boca played for the first time in the Monumental Stadium 80 years ago and all the time offered unforgettable matches played by two "Colossuses" of Argentine football, with a total of 111 official numbers at both local and international levels, in which "Glory" has beaten history.
Until 1938, the river played at its stadium, located in Alvear (now Avenida del Libertador) and Tagle, with a capacity for 40,000 spectators. It was one of two races in 1929 in the South American championship.
Antonio Vespucio Liberti, the president of the river, who decided to build the stadium and who opened it, opened his gates on May 26, 1938 with a friendly match that the Greek won at Peñarol in Montevideo by 3 to 1.
The first superclasic on the stage in the Belgian neighborhood of the capital, although popular in Nuñez, was on September 4, 1938, in the 19th century. the date of the competition, which had only two points of difference as master of the Independiente and the runner-up into the river. Boca was the fifth to 18 units of "Rojo".
The first of the 111 Supercásicos culminated in a 2 to 2 equalization. The river's goals were Luis María Rongo's work, while Francisco Varallo commented on conquering Boca in an emotional game.