The pacifier with whom Google do not forget that this day refers to the Arecibo message. This was a radial transmission sent to the universe from radio telescope Arecibo , based in Puerto Rico, November 16, 1974, 44 years ago.
Although its main objective was to show human technological successes and to remind the remodeling of the Arecibo radio telescope in a special way, it was found that instead of emitting any sound into space, an encoded message was created that supposed a conversation attempt with an intelligent civilization capable of receiving and decoding it.
The message had a length of 1679 bits and was sent to a group of stars called M13 (Globular Cluster). This star cluster is in the constellation Herkules at a distance of about 25,000 light-years and is made up of roughly 400,000 stars.
This report contained a series of data on our planet and its positions in the solar system, our civilization, human beings, chemical composition and DNA, and were also designed by researchers such as Frank Drake and Carl Sagan.
The entire sequence of sounds or bits is encoded to be decoded in quadrilateral. There are 8 possible configurations, 8 symmetries of the same pattern that show a random drawing. which can be seen in different ways, but which lead to the same information.
This drawing could be divided into seven parts, each dealing with the human aspect, its location and composition:
1. Numbers: The first "line" of the message has numbers from 1 to 10 in binary format.
2. Molecules: Numbers 1, 6, 7, 8 and 15 represent hydrogen (H), carbon (C), nitrogen (N), oxygen (O) and phosphorus (P).
These are DNA components of Homo Sapiens Sapiens, which sends a message.
3. Formula of sugars and bases in DNA nucleotides:
deoxyribose C5 OH7, adenine C5H4N5, cytosine C5H5N2O2, deoxyribose C5OH7.
– PO4 phosphate, PO4 phosphate.
– deoxyribose C5 OH7, thymine C5H5N3O, guanine C5H4N5O, deoxyribose C5OH7.
– PO4 phosphate, PO4 phosphate.
4. Double helix of the DNA structure: Which all living entities share on Earth (the vertical column represents the number of nucleotides).
5. Human figure: With data as average height: 1764 mm. In addition to the size of the human population coded 32 bits: 4,292,853,750.
6. Solar system: Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. The planet from which the message originates is highlighted incorrectly. The number of points refers to the size of the planet.
7. The last part is represented by the Arecibo radiotelephone with a diameter (2430 multiplied by a wavelength of 306.18 m).
Even though the report will take approximately 25,000 years to reach its destination, and therefore another 25,000 years when our reaction returns to our planet, this message is still part of many human efforts to contact intelligent life in space.
On August 21, 2001, the expected response to the Arecibo report appeared, appearing on a wheat field adjacent to the Chilbolton radiotelephone in Hampshire (United Kingdom).
Although many UFO researchers thought it would be the answer to the report. Official information is attributed to the preparation of this image on wheat fields for scientists working in the nearby radio telescope.