Wednesday , September 18 2019
Home / australia / Brendon Hartley robbed, took on Twitter, Toro Rosso was silent, Formula One

Brendon Hartley robbed, took on Twitter, Toro Rosso was silent, Formula One



Kiwi winner Formula One Brendon Hartley took over to the social media after his hot departure from the Toro Rosso team but his former employer did not make any official confirmation of his contribution – or even his fate.

Hartley was thrown off by a team on Tuesday when Toro Rosso announced that Alexander Albon, who finished third in Formula Two, was a new pilot who had teamed up with Daniil Kvyat for the 2019 season.

With Hartley's 2018 teammate, Pierre Gaslym, promoted to the Red Bull Formula One, it seemed that the Le Mans winner and World Endurance champion will race for the second season.

But after the end of the season in the 19th year of the championship championship of 20 drivers with only four points and the ninth place at the Grand Prix USA, it was the best season, the 29-year departure was not a huge surprise.

"On Sunday I left the circuit with a huge head," wrote Hartley on Twitter.

"I'm very proud of my story and the way so far, but I felt I had an unfinished job in F1, a moment that was delayed, I've been hit fast, and I'm a strong believer that even if the situation gets stronger, that I have great support for NZ crew, family, friends and woman.

"I would also like to thank Trainer Rich and almost all the 500 strong Toro Rosso employees I have been enjoying with this season, all technical teams, mechanics, marketing, PR, logistics, catering staff, Honda Racing courses.

"I really appreciate the support I received from fans all over the world this year, I still have a lot of other pages to write in my story, and I will make the most of it in the next chapter."

Toro Rosso, with Hartley's departure, seems to be in balance with Formula 1 team performance this season. No mention of kiwi output at the official Toro Rosso site with its profile was quickly removed.

"On behalf of Honda, I would like to thank Brendon for all his hard work this year," said Honda Yamamoto.

"Brendon is always a friendly and charming guy who immediately embraced Japanese culture and Honda, and they all gave Honda enough strength and confidence in what we are doing this year after some challenging seasons.

"I remember especially when he qualified for sixth place in the home race in Suzuka, which meant a lot to Honda.

"We will miss him and wish him all the best for the future."

According to Bob McMurray, motorcycle journalist, Hartley's performance was simply not good enough, and the kiwi driver is the only shot in Formula One to be a test rider.

"All seats are now booked for this next season, every place is effectively put in place so there will be no seats in F1," said McMurray for Radio Sport.

"The best thing he can hope for is to pick up as a third driver, the role of the test driver with the team.

"He could have a better performance, it's really that simple. I'm not at Brendon, I think he's a fantastic rider, but he could only defeat Gasly.

"So it certainly depends on his career with Torro Rosso and Red Bull, probably with Formula One … maybe it's time for Brendon to start looking for new pastures."

Hartley made the Formula One debut at the US Grand Prix last year and replaced Gasly for a run before he became full time replacement for Kvyat.

Formule 1's first place in April was the Azerbaijan Grand Prix with tenth placement.

Hartley qualified for second place but moved to the top 10 when seven drivers did not finish the race.

Recently, the new Zealand driver received a Formula One point by Chris Amon at the Grand Prix of Spain in 1976.

Hartley followed with the tenth at the German Grand Prix in July and the best career in Austin.

He had five exits from 21 races this year, including a spooky impact on the Grand Prix in Canada when he collided with Williams-Mercedes driver Lance Stroll and was pushed into the wall in the opening round.

It seems unlikely that Hartley will find another Formula One team in the next season.

All the seats are filled, except one with the Lance Stroll, which should be announced as the second driver of Force India next to Sergio Perez.

This story first appeared in New Zealand and was re-released with permission.


Source link