Almost kissed by the kiss: the child was fighting for herpes due to herpes
In Britain, almost one child died because she was infected with a herpesvirus kiss. The child had to be hospitalized for four days. Parents now warn other people to kiss their mouths.
The little girl had violet rashes everywhere
One year old girl from Darlington, North Carolina, almost died because she was infected with herpes viruses. At first parents did not realize what their child was missing. "Kaylah was crying so much, I knew it might mean she was in pain," said The Daily Mail's mother. "We were home and I wanted to put her in the tub when I suddenly saw footprints." According to this information, the child had purple rashes at each site. "I was worried that my first thought was that it had something to do with meningitis because it had it before," said her mother. In the hospital, however, it turned out that the child was infected with herpesviruses.
Two out of three people are infected with herpesvirums
Health experts say two out of three people are infected with herpes viruses.
But most people who are infected with it never show symptoms and probably do not know they are infected. Hives are often transmitted without notice.
Viruses are often only active with certain effects, such as stress or strong sunlight, and cause, among other things, herpes in the mouth.
For some people, special care is needed. Contact with young children should be very careful.
Because even a kiss from them can end up deadly for children, as the older US case showed.
Even small Kaylah from England has been exposed to a life-threatening situation.
The infection could end up deadly
According to the Daily Mail, physicians at the hospital found that the painful violet rash in small Kaylah was caused by herpes simplex virus.
"Doctors told us that someone with cold pain must kiss their lips and because the baby's immune system is not strong enough, it has developed a rash," said a 22-year-old mother.
Her fiancé was shocked and "could not believe it was all for kissing."
The little girl had to stay in the hospital for four days when she was treated with antibiotics.
The doctors have pointed out that the child was lucky to have the infection go deadly.
"If we were not in the hospital quickly, it could be very dangerous if we could lose her," said the young mother.
According to her parents, her daughter still did not get. One month after being released from the clinic, they must still take the medicine daily and take it once a week to a doctor.
Little Kayla's parents are now turning to the public to warn other people of the risk.
"I just want other parents to know you do not have to be physically ill to damage the baby – you can be the bearer of the virus and still influence it," said her mother.
According to a news report, the virus may be transmitted to a mother in infants either by a kiss or by a newborn if it first had a genital herpes during the last six weeks of pregnancy.
The risk is greatly diminished if she passes the antibodies she needed to fight before her pregnancy.
This is not the first time that parents, many of whom have lost their children, have warned that strangers can not kiss children.
"Please do not talk to other people's children," said Marian Nicholson of the Association of Herpes Viruses.
Treat herpes as soon as possible
If the infection is known, adults will be informed about the treatment of haze as soon as possible. But what helps against herpes?
Usually, drugs are often used to suppress virus multiplication. Infection may not always be treated with antiviral drugs.
Sometimes, home remedies for herpes, such as manuka honey or tea tree oil. From the onset of herpes up to treatment it can take up to two weeks. (Ad)