Sunday , September 22 2019
Home / canada / LIVE UPDATE: The officer had to order other police officers away from the Dutch criminal scene

LIVE UPDATE: The officer had to order other police officers away from the Dutch criminal scene

Chris Morris, Canadian Press

Released Friday 30 November 2018 12:45 EST

Last Updated on Friday 30 November 2018 13:41 EST

SAINT JOHN, N.B. – Richard Holland's millionaire's polluted body has attracted the unwanted attention of several Saint John police officers who visited the scene to look at her, denying murder to Dennis Oland yesterday.

"I have strictly commanded them to get away from my place of action," Sgt. Mark Smith said when he described that he found two unauthorized officers near the body on the day he was discovered on July 7, 2011.

Smith was an officer responsible for collecting forensic evidence on the horrific murder scene at Saint John's offices, Richard Olanda, a 69-year-old trader and ex-executive director of Moosehead Breweries Ltd., who was slaughtered on 6 July 2011 to death.

Photos show that Oland was lying at his table, his skull disintegrated with repeated strikes from a weapon that had never been found. Around the upper half of the body is emitted large blood.

Holland's only son, Dennis, 50, is in the trial for second degree murder. This is the second Netherlands study – the jury's conviction in its first trial in 2015 has been revoked.

Prosecutors have told the court that it was the "furious" killing caused by the serious financial problems of Dennis Holland. The defense claims that Dennis, who persistently maintains his innocence, is the victim of a dirty police investigation and a rush to make.

The two officers who drew Smith's wound were Inspector Glen McCloskey, later Deputy Chief of Police Force of St. John and now retired and Const. Greg Oram. It was McClosky's second visit to this scene, and during the first attempt he admitted that he was simply "curiosity" on the second occasion.

McCloskey's behavior was the subject of an initial investigation into the New Brunswick police commission after another officer said the boss's deputy wanted him not to tell the court about his presence at the crime scene. However, a more detailed query was derailed after McCloskey retired.

Smith said the two officers left when he ordered them.

The defense asks about the police officers' bad questions indicating the lawsuit, indicating that there has been a failure of due diligence to prevent contamination of the crime scene, and failed to properly investigate areas such as the possible escape route of the back door and the toilet office.

Smith was not advocating Friday lawyers. It will build again later.

Two other cops at Friday's stand, Const. Rob Carlisle and Const. Don Weber described the work they had done during the Olanda probe as part of the interrogation of P. J. Veniot, crown guard.

Both were entrusted with the search for possible evidence, including everything that could be a murderous weapon, and also collected videos from nearby companies.

Carlisle said he was told that from July 6, 2011, he would have to look for a video from a large walkway, particularly showing everyone wearing beige pants, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and wearing a dark jacket.

"No name was mentioned," Carlisle said.

Dennis Oland was captured on camera on July 6, 2011, wearing beige pants and a brown jacket. He visited his father in the office late and was the last known person to see Richard Oland alive.

Source link