Newly updated sales data for Nintendo Switch to reveal Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has already shifted 12.08 million copies around the world, which is the third-best game on the platform, despite release last month.
This picture is even more impressive when you realize that the chart below only tracks sales until December 31, 2018 – at that time Smash has been on the market for just over three weeks. A similar list was shared just three months ago, but since then there have been some interesting changes. such a change sees Mario Kart 8 Deluxe speed in the past Super Mario Odyssey to become the best-selling switchgear.
Here are the 10 best-selling switch games as of 31 December 2018:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 13.76 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12.08 million
- Legend of Zelda: Rain of Wisdom – 11.68 million
- Pokémon: Come on, Pikachu! and let's go, Eeve! – 10.00 million
- Splatoon 2 – 8.27 million
- Super Mario Party – 5.30 million
- 1-2-Switch – 2.86 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.53 million
- Kirby Star allies – 2.42 million
The numbers listed above include retail and digital worldwide sales as well as all copies delivered with hardware.
Did you expect Smash to be on this list like that? Any surprise elsewhere? Let us know about it in the comments.