It comes in December for a fairly affordable price, which will bring GoPro strong competition.
DJI has announced its latest product, probably Osmo Pocket which is a small camera (or "gimbal" with an integrated camera) that comes to compete directly against GoPro in the action camera market.
How to capture the important moments of your life with the quality they deserve? The Osmo Pocket is the smallest and smartest portable camera with a three-way DJI stabilizer and lets you rotate every moment of your life into movie memory. With it you can share your life in seconds, anytime, anywhere.
This device, which adapts to the technology already used by DJI in its drones, is only 12 centimeters high and weighs 116 grams, noting that it has an advanced mechanical stabilizer in addition to its digital stabilizer.
The camera has two sound recording microphones and has a 1 / 2.3 "sensor with 80 ° field of view capable of recording video at up to 4K / 60 frames per second at 100 Mbps and 12MP images Size 1.55 μm pixel .
Below you can see its specifications:
- Dimensions – 121.9 × 36.9 × 28.6 mm
- Weight – 116 g
- Sensor – 1.2 / 3 "CMOS
- Effective pixels: 12 MP
- Goal – Field of view: 80 ° F2.0
- ISO range – photo: 100-3200
- Video: 100-3200 100-3200
- Electronic shutter speed – 8s -1 / 8000s
- Maximum image size – 4000 × 3000 pixels
- Shooting modes – Single shot, Panorama, Timelapse, Motionlapse
- Video resolution – 4K Ultra HD: 3840 × 2160 24/25/30/48/50 / 60p
- FHD: 1920 × 1080 24/25/30/48/50/60
- Video modes – Auto
- Maximum baud rate – 100 Mbps
- Supported file formats – FAT32 (≤32 GB) exFAT (> 64 GB)
- Photo formats – JPEG, JPEG + DNG
- Video formats – MP4 / MOV (MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
- Supported SD cards – microSD (maximum capacity: 256 GB)
- Audio Output – 48 KHz AAC
- Controllable range – Pan: + 50 ° to -230 °
- Tilt: + 50 ° to -95 °
- Rotation: ± 45 °
- Maximum Speed Controllable – 120 ° / s
- Type – LiPo
- Capacity – 875 mAh
- Energy 6,738 Wh
- Voltage 7.7 V
- Operating Temperature 0 – 40 ° C (32 – 104 ° F)
- Operating hours – 140 minutes
- Charging time – 73 minutes
Osmo Pocket has a small touchscreen that allows some editing, but users can also connect an iPhone or Android phone (supplied with USB-C and Lightning Adapters) to have a bigger screen and easier control of corporate applications.
Creatives also include several recording options and modes such as story mode that uses a combination of recording patterns and predefined camera moves, allowing anytime to create professional-quality video clips with the ability to add filters and bands to sound and Pro mode, which allows you to manually adjust various parameters such as aperture, ISO, and shutter speed.
DJI has revealed that it sells more Osmo pocket accessories, such as adapters for external microphones, waterproof cover, Wi-Fi control, and more.
DJI Osmo Pocket will be available from December 15 with a suggested US $ 349 price.