This Sunday morning, the façade of a three-story building carries the black scars of a painful night. It was in this building in the Bougimonts district of Les Mureaux (Yvelines) that a fire broke out, which completely destroyed the apartment. Much more seriously, the two children aged 10 and 12 who were there were seriously injured. A ten-year-old girl, burned all over her body and under the influence of alcohol, is between life and death this Sunday. Her brother, who jumped out of the window, was shot in the leg.
“What’s wrong with that mom is terrible”
Investigators were on site this Sunday to conduct an investigation. “This accommodation is occupied by a family with one parent, the mother works at night,” explains a source close to the case. “We are collapsing, we are in great pain,” explains the elected city representative. This mother, who is a nurse, is highly valued, is involved in community life and her two children practice in our various leisure centers. In addition, due to the Covid epidemic, her work is currently placing her on the front line. “
There were also firefighters on site to clean the apartment. The charred furniture was placed at the foot of the building. “I was woken up by emergency sirens, so I looked outside and there I saw smoke coming out of the windows of one of the apartments,” said a neighbor. The locals say he is “upset”. “I’m thinking of this mother raising her two children alone, what’s going on with her is terrible,” he admits moved.
The boy jumps on a mattress laid on the sidewalk of the neighbors
The incident started around 4:25 in the morning for a reason that remains to be determined. Smoke flooded home, so a 12-year-old boy jumped out of a window onto a mattress that residents had placed on the sidewalk before help arrived. However, his makeshift canvas did not sufficiently dampen his fall and he was hit in the legs and back. “One of the people who received it was also injured,” the investigator said.
Firefighters used two gas trucks and two large ladders to fight the flames. After entering the burning accommodation, rescuers found a 10-year-old child, badly burned. A small victim unconscious and intoxicated with smoke was taken care of by Samu 78’s medical teams, who intubated and then stabilized her before transporting her to the Armand-Trousseau Hospital in Paris (12th) with a major prognosis engaged. His brother was taken to a hospital in Poissy.
During an emergency response inside the apartment, the firefighter was slightly injured by a part of the ceiling that fell on his head. This Sunday, police conducted an investigation throughout the day to determine the exact origin of the fire.