The court postponed the demolition of the home of terrorists to hear the family's appeal



The High Court on Thursday issued a temporary injunction to prevent the army from destroying part of the Palestinian refugee family house accused of killing two Israelis in a terrorist attack last month.

The judge gave the state 10 days to respond to the appeal by the family of 23-year-old Ashraf Na Alowa not to get rid of his house in the northern western coastal village of Shuweika. The court said the jury will hear the family appeal in the coming days, and the ruling will be issued by November 22nd.

Alowa is on the run because she killed her coworkers Kim Levengrond Yehezkel and Ziv Hajbi on October 7 in a factory in the Barkan industrial zone in the central West Bank.

Get the Times of Israel Daily Edition by Email and never miss our best stories

Sign in for free

Days after the attack, the IDF ordered an order to demolish Na Alway's home, in line with Israel's policy of exterminating the home of the convicted Palestinian terrorists.

In most cases, demolition commands are issued after the suspect has confessed or has been convicted. However, in the case of Naalowa, the IDF has decided to continue the criminal lawsuit because the Shin Bet security agency has significant evidence against him that appears against him, the Ynet news site said.

Israeli security forces stand at the entrance to the Barkan industrial zone in the North West on October 7, 2018. (AP Photo / Oded Balilty)

For the first time, the family has called for IDF to be demolished, but on Tuesday it was rejected and the army again issued orders for part of the house.

Notifications distributed by IDF headquarters, Major General Nadav Padan, said they would destroy the basement and the ground floor of the Na'Alowa home, where a suspected intruder lived.

At the heart of the family of victims, they demanded more rigorous repressive measures from Israel against Naama and his family.

At the memorial rally held in the Barkan complex, Father Levengrond Yehezkel, Rafi, said the family demanded that Na Alowa be killed.

Kim Levengrond Yehezkel, 29 years old (left), and Ziv Hajbi (35) who were killed in a terrorist shooting in the Barkan industrial zone on the West Bank on October 7, 2018. (screenshots: Facebook)

Hajbi's brother Tal criticized IDF for deciding to destroy only the basement and the ground floor of the Naalowa house.

"The partial demolition of the home of terrorists is unacceptable, the entire house must be destroyed," Hajbi said, "and the family must be excluded."

Demonstrators came from the entrance to the industrial zone to the Alon Group factory, where Yehezkel and Hajbi were killed, and the third of Israel, Sara Vaturi, was injured.

According to reports by Hadashot TV, the Department of Defense is in regular contact with families of victims about demolition in the home. The station said that Assistant Secretary of Defense Avigdor Liberman told Rafi Yehezkel in a telephone interview that there were legal restrictions, but his boss tried to bypass.

After issuing a court order Thursday, Rafi Yehezkel attacked the court for "celebrating my daughter's bloodshed and humiliating our family." The sad father told the media that he was ashamed to live in a "country without justice or compassion," and said he was thinking of giving up Israeli citizenship to protest.

Ashraf Walid Suleiman Na alowa, a Palestinian man suspected of a deadly terrorist attack on October 7, 2018, in the Barkan industrial zone in the North West Bank. (Courtesy)

IDF soldiers are still looking for Na Alowu, who was on the run because she killed her coworkers on October 7th.

The army launched an investigation into the Barkan attack to find out, inter alia, how smuggled smuggled into the industrial park and whether the terrorist intended to take Levengrod Yechezkela hostage because he used zippers to tie his hands before he shot her.

Levengrond was a secretary while Hajbi worked in the Alon Group's industrial park. On alowa he was employed as an electrician.

Several members of the Na'Allow family were arrested or arrested after the attack. The Israeli army has issued a number of warnings to the Palestinians in the North West Bank not to help the assailant escape.

A Palestinian security official confirmed The Times of Israel that PA's security forces are helping to find Na Alowa.

(From LR) Likud MK Oren Hazan, Samara Regional Council Chairman Yossi Dagan and relatives Kim Levengrond Yehezkel and Ziv Hajbi who were killed in a terrorist attack in the Barkan Industrial Zone in their memorial to the attack site on November 6, 2018. (The Regional Council Samaria)

On Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave the legislators the task of preparing a controversial bill aimed at making it easier for Israel to condemn the sentenced Palestinian invaders of civilians and soldiers to death.

Netanyahu allegedly approved legislation that is inconsistent with the recommendations of the security facility. According to Israeli radio, Netanyahu told coalition members that opposition to the Bill by Shin Bet and IDF should not prevent them from enforcing legislation.

Jacob Magid contributed to this report.


Source link