In Tel Aviv, the Carousel group attended the first of two general attempts to represent Latvia on Thursday at the 64th Eurovision International Competition. The second rehearsal will begin tonight at 22:00 and will be followed by an international jury whose vote will be half the result of the 2nd semifinal.
The first Wednesday rehearsal was followed by accredited media and Eurovision fans, while in the evening, in Tel Aviv, the Expo Arena will be attended by viewers and live performances will be judged by an international jury of five music professionals from all 41 Member States.
The individual votes of each jury member represent the total number of points awarded by the national juries – starting with 12 points for 1st place in the semi-finals and ending with 1 point of the jury. To preserve intrigue, the jury's vote will be publicly announced only on May 18 shortly after the competition's final.
"The technical performance of the show is always improving, and the group's overall mood before the jury and the audience in the arena is positive," said Zita Kaminska, head of the Latvian delegation, on the first Wednesday trial. She added that the performance of Latvian performers Rijs Miroo and Philip Adam from Sweden is satisfied with the performance of Carousel and believes that all preparations were made to postpone their performance in the evening and to represent Latvia in the semifinals tomorrow.
On Thursday, the other semi-finalists will be able to vote on television in the 2nd semifinal, as well as in the UK, Ireland and Germany.
The first ten countries in the first semifinal have already qualified for the finals (here you can watch their performances): Greece, Belarus, Serbia, Cyprus, Estonia, Czech Republic, Australia, Iceland, San Marino and Slovenia. Montenegro, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Belgium, Georgia and Portugal were not included in the final.
Second semifinal of Latvia tomorrow night!
The second Eurovision semi-final with the participation of Latvian nationals in LTV1 live from Tel Aviv will be on Thursday, May 16, at 22:00. Semifinals 2 will play in the following order:
- Armenia – Srbuk Walking Out
- Ireland – Sarah McTernan 22
- Moldova – Anna Odobescu Stay
- Switzerland – Luca Hänni "She Got Me"
- Latvia – Carousel "The Night"
- Romania – Ester Peony "On Sunday"
- Denmark – Leonora Love is forever
- Sweden – Too late for love by John Lundvik
- Austria – PÆNDA Limits
- Croatia – Roko The Dream
- Malta – Chameleon Michela
- Lithuania – Yuri Veklenko "Run with the Lions"
- Russia – "Shouting" Sergei Lazarev
- Albania – Jonathi Maliqi Kheheu Tokyo
- Norway – KEiiNO Spirit In The Sky
- Netherlands – Duncan Laurence Arcade
- Northern Macedonia – Tamara Todevska Proud
- Azerbaijan – Truth Chingiz