– You are a painful doctor, but your little patients forget about the pain in the first few minutes of your counseling. Does your love for your work say that our children are not respected, even if health statistics says otherwise?
– The statistics are based on the figures we have in Lithuania for childhood illnesses, much higher than in Western countries. The reason is above all that our children suffer more injuries than Western residents. Maybe our children are more active, but the most important cause of trauma, I think there is a lack of injury prevention. After all, we have just recently become obligated to wear a vest, to put on a helmet, before cycling, to wear a helmet and the protection that roller skates need. If your kindergarten or school is not near the street, you do not have to go through it and the damage will be less. If the water body is closed – the child will dive. In general, if the children are treated with care, they will suffer fewer injuries. Why are we wearing such little children that do not go so often? Because of insufficient care. If the lock is on the table, the baby will not stop it and will not spill it with a hot drink. If parents are obliged to leave children at home within twelve years, they will not walk through the balcony, otherwise there will be no other disasters.
– How to maintain and strengthen children's health?
– The main condition that determines the health of our children and ours is the way of life. Children have more time to spend on fresh air daily to be physically active for at least one hour a day with moderate or intense exercise, paying more attention to the quality of the meal, spending less time on the phone, computer and other smart devices. Failure to respect a healthy lifestyle is caused not only by the bone and muscular system, but also by sight, respiratory diseases, diabetes, overweight.
If the lock is on the table, the baby will not stop it and will not spill it with a hot drink.
– You're treating orthopedic illnesses. Why do they have children?
– The causes of all and not all orthopedic diseases are still far from exploration. It is known that some diseases, even endocrine diseases, are genetic, inborn. Some of them are caused by a number of neurological problems, infectious diseases prevail in a child or mother during pregnancy. These are the root causes of congenital or acquired orthopedic diseases that cause disability.
– Is scoliosis the most commonly diagnosed orthodontic disease in children?
– Dental disorders, not scoliosis, are often diagnosed. These are very different questions. Scoliosis is a rare disease, with only 0.5% of the disease. of all children. The spinal cord does not function due to irregular posture.
– But every other child is cursed?
– It is not true. Stomach disorders are age-dependent, physiological. We evaluate the stent in certain stages: newborn, one, two, three, etc., until the bones mature.
Irregular postures can be congenital when grandfather, son and grandchild – all three equally elevated. This is due to the inherited constitutional type. Position can always be corrected by therapeutic exercise, bathing in the pool, increasing physical activity, strengthening self-control.
– What problems do you have without doing it?
– Regular irregular posture can lead to tired muscles, spastic pains and yapps over the years, in old age. It is important to maintain suitability. It also provides furniture that matches the child's height. Still, the posture is individual.
For the best results, train the kids as lemons and load and rehab mode is not appropriate.
– So this is not the biggest health problem?
– The most difficult are patients with a survival-related condition. The greatest risk is multiple trauma, oncological illness, acute infection. These diseases affect the bones, joints and soft tissues. Causes can be genetic, infections can develop after an accident due to contamination of blood, streptococci or other bacteria, dangerous viruses. These infectious diseases can very quickly damage bone joints or otherwise complicate them.
– And now, more and more children are becoming more and more typical of adult illnesses?
– Now, in the category of children, young people are under the age of 18, so joints can be joined. This usually affects professional athletes.
There have been two categories of patients in the past: children and adults. The third – the athletes will appear. Sports teenagers are already teenagers. How to deal with them? This is a difficult question, a dilemma. Athletes experience stressful fatigue fractures. Tension, congestion, aggravation of a child is psychologically harmful. Trainers to get the best out of the game, press children as lemons, while the exercise and rehabilitation mode is inappropriate. For sports children, as well as for security professionals, workouts, nutrition and health services need to be adjusted. Are sports children representing school, district, city, Lithuania and representing their health?
– Sport and health are no longer synonymous?
– Medical science is doing miracles. Also in children's orthopedics and traumatology?
– Science is always on the road both in orthopedics and other areas. There are no special innovations in childhood orthopedics, but we are pleased to use a nail, a new design plate. All of this is made of better metal, which is less allergenic and does not cause rejection. There are certain techniques to restore joint surfaces, vacuum systems help heal wounds faster.
University Hospitals are trying to have everything that is the latest and most perfect. Treatment in Kaunas and Vilnius clinics is in line with Western hospitality standards. It may not be enough in isolated cases, which somewhat damages the inert funding system, long-term tenders for public procurement, but in general, Lithuanian medicine is moving in the right direction with the most advanced countries in the world. It also shows the number of people who want to study medicine in our country because it is a high level, recognized and appreciated around the world.
– Judged? Do you think that the work of you and your colleagues is sufficiently valued?
– Pay for work is another thing. Yes, this is an assessment and that is reasonable, the Lithuanian Union of Doctors has been requested, long-term pay agreements have been concluded, a branch has been signed. The state is committed to raising the salaries of physicians, and it is important for doctors to survive once and attend the conference and leave a workshop for further development. You do not have to run from one workplace to another. Nobody wants to go to a well-trained doctor. As far as pay for work is concerned, I do not want to overestimate the doctor, but we have to focus on how it is in the world. Everywhere education and medicine are priority areas, and unskilled workers often earn more than doctors.
– Are you running from one workplace to another?
– There is such a saying: "Do a hobby and you will never have to work." Maybe it's not an ethical job for a doctor to call for hobbies, but when he laughs, I can say it. So I'm running.
Nobody wants to go to a well-trained doctor. As far as pay for work is concerned, I do not want to overestimate the doctor, but we have to focus on how it is in the world.
– Do you think education and medicine will ever be evaluated in Lithuania?
– I'm an optimist, we're crying with us. I see that everything is going on, things are getting better. Look how it was and you do not want to come back. After all, we are just led by a post-Soviet society. The patient can not recover if he is artificially protected for two or three generations for 50 years. Our generation has done much to replace what seems indispensable. It would be very desirable to believe that today's young generation, which itself started by itself, a personal example and beautiful good deeds, will infect others, thereby changing the face of contempt for Lithuania. Many of my students, like my daughters, are really different, think differently.
If you ask me how I live, I always say I live well. I am basically optimistic.
– Did not you think about emigration at all?
– No. We have to build Lithuania here. Yes, I'm a patriot. Do you know what is happiness? When you want to go from work to home and home – to work. Work and family are two main things, the family is the most important, without its support it does not achieve victory either in science or at work.
– What was your opinion on the scientific work?
– The tactic of hematopoietic surface treatment of the crack is a new method of fixation of these fists. It is safer for neurological complications.
– You wanted to become a professor?
– A bad soldier who does not want to be a general. If you go into the world of science, you do not have to sit, of course you are looking for something higher, more. And when you get there, you have learned a lot, you have matured as a doctor, there is a desire to share this experience. While working at a university hospital, students do it all.
– Are not you the only family doctor?
– A woman is a healthcare professional, she is currently studying at Vytautas Magnus University. One of the daughters is a student of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, the oldest discovered adorable paramedic activity in the UK. By the way, my only aunt, doctor, which may have been indirectly, but also influenced my choice according to my personal example.
– Are they sick and sick often talking at home?
– Efforts need to be made to resolve the resilience of these topics after work is over. If you think about patients daily and daily – it will be bad. In some Western countries, after five weeks of intensive work, it is advisable to have a rest for one week. Find a place where you can not think of work. There is not much physical than psychological rest.
– Did you find the place?
– Yes, in the most beautiful corner of Neringa in Pervalce, where we try to spend time with our family all the time without all the seasons. There we can make other hobbies: mushrooming, amber, long walks on the waterfront, meeting with friends.