Huawei Honor 6X was launched in October 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later switched to Android 7.0 Nougat. We now have a good news! The device eventually received support to enjoy Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 6X. In this guide we will help you install the latest version of Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor 6X. ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Thanks to XDA senior member Askuccio_DROID for sharing this Custom ROM on the XDA Forum. Full credits for him and team Lineage OS.
Speaking about specifications, Huawei Honor 6X has a 5.5-inch screen with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core Kirin 655 processor coupled with a 3GB / 4GB RAM model. The phone comes with 32GB internal memory, which can be upgraded to 128GB using a microSD card. The main selling point of the Honor 6X brand is the camera that comes with 12MP dual camera and 8MP front camera. Honor 6X runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow from a 3340mAh unplayable battery box.
If you would like to try Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor 6X, you need to unlock Bootloader and have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have the latest TWRP Recovery running and flash Oreo based ROM. We have already shared the Unlock Wizard and TWRP for Huawei Honor 6X. So, before immersing yourself in the installation process, let us know about Lineage OS 15.1 and its functionality.
What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their features?
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest action firmware based on the official Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP source code. Together with the official features of Android 8.1, Lineage OS 15.1 also offers many customization features and capabilities that allow your phone to be out of stock. Lineage OS is one of the well-known post-market firmware built by the cyanogen team. In the Android world, Lineage OS is currently the best user ROM with many new features. Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor 6X scheduled with weekly and night updates.
Product features Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient Display Features
- Picture settings
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display Color Temperature Adaptation
- LED Light Settings (Edit)
- Customize the touch screen gestures
- Power profiles to save battery and improve speed
- Customize the screen lock
- FlipFlap – Support for smart cover
- Protection of privacy rights
- Customize the size of the screen lock pattern
- Quick customization settings
- Customizing the status bar, such as Double-tapping Sleep, Clock Setup, Network Communication Display, and Tuning Status Bar
- System customization
- Buttons / Navigation panel
- Make and edit sounds / ringtones.
- and other various features.
How to install Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor 6X:
When you first install your own ROM, you must first read the difference between user ROM and Stock ROM. We understand that you should make sure that your installation process is as sweeter as possible. So before we begin the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM installation process on Huawei Honor 6X, let's look down on how to back up all the data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo-based custom ROM, you wipe all your data and system – like a brand new phone.
As a Huawei Honor 6X user, there are many ways to choose how you want to store your data. These are some of the tips below that we would like to keep in mind and then continue. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here's a quick overview of what's on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What is Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you would expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest Android Oreo update. This is an incremental update that builds some of the new features that are in the first version of Oreo, but there's plenty of scans. This does not mean that Android 8.1 does not have a new feature because it does. Here are all Android Oreo features [8.0/8.1]
- Notification Channels (8.0)
- Image in Picture (8.0)
- Multiple Disk Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Restrictions (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- AutoFill (8.0)
- Emoji (8.1)
- API Neural Networks (8.1)
- Visual Core Processing Pixel Technology for Third-Party Developers (8.1)
- and many others
Download one of the Gapps listed below
Download one of the Gapps listed below
Package MindTheGApps 8.1.0 – Recommended
Official Gappy for LineageOS 15 / 15.1
Android Oreo Gapps package [Open Gapps]
Delta Gapps with modular accessory
Installation step on Huawei Honor 6X:
- Above all, it is necessary Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor 6X. Watch A full video on how to install TWRP on any Android phone.
- Download Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor 6X and relocate the backup ZIP file you downloaded from above.
- Now run TWRP Recovery, here it is how to start Recovery.
- Before installation, run system data to restore TWRP (DO NOT INSIDE STORAGE)
- Click Install and locate the downloaded zip file for Lineage OS. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe with your finger to confirm.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Choose Gapps zip and drag your finger)
- You can now restart the Lineage OS 15.1 on the Huawei Honor 6X platform.
- If you want root, you can either try root superSU or try root magisk.
If you do not want the SuperSU wizard to be established, you can try Magisk on your phone.
And it is done! I hope you have successfully installed Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor 6X. Leave a comment or feedback below. Thank you!.
Source: XDA || Credits of Askuccio_DROID