"WALA ko salig sa ila (I have no confidence in them)."
This was a reaction, underlined by Deputy Mayor Mois Padilly, Vice President Ella Celestina Garcia-Yulo at Negros Occidental, when asked if she was satisfied with the investigation of the city police after the death of her brother and nephew in reserve on Barangay Inolingan on April 25.
Garcia-Yulo in a media interview on Saturday April 27 at Rolling Hills Memorial Park in Bacolod City, where her brother, Jose Marcelino Garcia was cremated, said he couldn't talk to the police about the incident.
On April 25, a vice president's brother and nephew, councilor Josej Antonio Garcia, were attacked, not less than 20 unknown armed men after they came out of combat.
Garcia-Yulo said she asked police officers in Negros and even Western Visayas to get rid of police major Junji Liba, chief of the city police and other city police staff, for lack of confidence.
She said she wanted the investigation to be directly controlled by either the provincial office of Negros Occidental Police Province (Nocppo) or the Regional Police Office (PRO) – Western Visayas.
Police Brigadier General John Bulalacao, Director of PRO-Western Visayas at Iloilo City, in a telephone conversation with SunStar Bacolod on Sunday, April 28, said Liba, and 24 police officers will be released soon after a recent US killing. city.
Bulalacao said he made such a decision to order the city.
He said, however, that he should still speak to the Vice-President because the incident occurred because he knew that the Garcia family was still in shock about what had happened.
"I didn't talk to her this time," he said.
Bulalacao said the existing city police would be taken to another area far from Moises Padilla.
“So far, I don't know if they will stay in Negros or move to Panay. It depends on my rating, "he added.
Bulalacao said police officers from Nocppo or PRO-Western Visayas will replace them.
However, it has not yet disclosed the effectiveness of the Regulation because it is going to obtain a permit from the Comelec Commission.
The city was formerly declared a Comelec area of immediate concern under the red category, following the death of the reelectionist council of Jolomar Hilario in an attack at the same village on March 31.
The Provincial Joint Security Center (PJSCC), made up of Comelec, the Philippine Army and the Philippine National Police (PNP), recently recommended that the city be placed under Comelec's control after an assault incident.
Meanwhile, Liba said that perhaps relief is only part of the normal procedure of the police organization.
He reiterated that the movement was preventing them from taking more burdens.
“No one wanted it to happen. We were involved in responding promptly to the call for assistance and filing a criminal complaint against these people, ”Liba said.
We don't want others to misrepresent that relief is because we have blackouts when we actually worked to resolve the case, he added.
Liba said he would follow the order of the higher office.
On the other hand, the Deputy Mayor said she had yet to send a message to the President's Office to seek help after what happened in the city.
Despite what happened, Garcia-Yulo said he would continue the campaign to change the city.
He asks his constituents to never be afraid to exercise their rights and to vote for the right candidate who will lead the city in peace.
Additional police and military security was provided to the Vice-President after the incident was robbed.
Meanwhile, the deputy mayor did not comment on the decision of the State Attorney's Office to dismiss councilor Agustin "Nene" Grande III, Friday April 26, after being identified as an assault when he was identified by the wife of the slain. Brother Deputy Mayor, reportedly talking to one of the militants.
Grande, according to the police, denied the charges against him.
On the basis of the resolution of the Provincial Attorney, "this office finds insufficient legal and factual basis for arresting police officers in arrests against him."
"The witnesses' claim that Grande was seen when talking to an identified suspect with direct involvement in the crime, within his compound moments before the incident happened, is a mere suspicion that cannot justify an arrest warrant against him," he said.
However, a murder complaint was filed against Joe Cezar, a member of the Barangay Peacekeeping (BPAT) City Action Team.
He was attached to the killing after he allegedly admitted to the authorities that he had provided refuge to an armed group that remained in the village for a month and left the area when the attack became according to police colonel Romeo Baleros, Nocppo Director.
However, his attorney did not confirm his statement.
On the basis of the resolution, the prosecutor confirms the validity of the arrest warrant against Cezar, but has decided to take advantage of the preliminary investigation. He got 10 days to file a counter-declaration.
In addition, five other people who were identified behind the murder remain free, and 23 men will face the same complaint about the crime.