The defensive line of the Polish national team, with which he works closely Grzegorz Krychowiakhas undergone a major change in recent months. A representative career ended its pillar, Łukasz Piszczek, Another injury was prevented Kamil Glik arriving at Tri-City training. Hotel Sopot also left Saturday – due to left ankle injury – Artur Jędrzejczyk,
– It is definitely hard to replace players such as Łukasz Piszczek, who has played in this team for a very long time and has now resigned from the performance. These are frequent changes caused by injuries and other causes, attempts, not only tactics but also competitors. The coach is forced to do so. To create a solid defense, you need time, many minutes on the pitch. It is a process that will bring results with every match, not only in the position of four defenders but also throughout the team – explains Grzegorz Krychowiak.
The two-time winner of Lisbon and Sevilla think that from a Thursday match with the Czech Republic a lot in this team can change for the better.
– I think that at this point, after this match with the Czech Republic, we have such a base, base. We played the previous games in a completely different set, deviating from whether it was a good or bad setting. Although the match with the Czech Republic was not good because we finally lost it, but showed us that there are basics that we should observe. You have to work on the mistakes we've made. These are outages that can easily be erased by video analysis itself – says the player who left the French team Arki Gdynia in the French league.
What exactly is it?
– It is mainly about the field movement, the communication, the distance between the different formations. If there are poor distances between defensive lines and aids, then you have the impression that the team will not be well protected. And that was our strength a few years ago – complements the popular "Krych".
An experienced midfielder who debuted in the Polish national team during this season's Leo Beenhakker is convinced that the result of Robert Lewandowski has little impact on the results of the national team.
– I do not think that's a problem. Of course, I realize that it is frustrating for an attacker when he has no goal. But the best time the band played very well, especially in 2016, was the time when Robert did not shoot at all. This game, which led to the fight and created situations for other attackers, allowed us to gain points from other players, Arky Milik, Cuba Błaszczykowski and Kamil Grosicki. Robert has no goal, so we know how good and needed the player is. Of course, I wish him many goals. I think we'll start playing when we focus on defense. This defense will bring us positive results – emphasizes the 28-year-old.
He is convinced that very little is needed to improve our mood. According to Krychowiak, football is about the details that often make the final decision.
– I realize it takes longer than it works. On the other hand, we can not now look for excuses, so this period does not last too long. I think they are very good, positive moments. Especially in a match with the Czech Republic when the team worked well. Simple errors, however, have also happened to us. And then, from the perspective of the whole game, it's disgusting. Removing these minor mistakes, the details that make up the win or not, will return to the right track and start winning and start playing as expected from us – adds Grzegorz Krychowiak.