The first trips at the beginning of January were felt by the citizens of Warsaw, who have to pay up to 70 percent for garbage collection. More. Prices in Lodz have almost doubled. Waste management for the inhabitants of one of the wealthiest villages in the Greater Poland Voivodeship – Tarnów Podgórne is about half the price. These are just examples that we have already described in money.pl, but prices are rising in most places in the country.
But that is not the end. In some cities, after the January excursion, another was announced at the beginning of April. The second wave is expected even by the inhabitants of Chacina or Radzymin near Warsaw.
– We do not want to raise garbage fees. If we did not do that, we could not. Local appetite is not the key to these increases, we do not want to make money for garbage and overload our inhabitants, but we have to deal with – Marek Wojcik of the Union of Polish Cities will arrange in an interview with money.pl.
Local governments, as a reason for a possible increase, suggest rising electricity prices. The rise in energy prices has a direct impact on entrepreneurs who receive, process and use garbage.
– Much depends on what happens on the market, as the Excise Tax Act will be consumed in connection with electricity. There will be one month to apply, and there is a discussion with the European Commission on the correctness of its adoption. There are no powerful acts. There is a huge risk that the European Commission will recognize that it is an unjustified public aid. If this happens, we will have to raise the fees again – Wójcik points out.
And he adds that unless there is real and absolute certainty that we will not pay 60-70% more for energy, the fate of the possible increase remains uncertain.
– I just hope this is the last option and a rather rare necessity. Do not forget, however, that the mayor, the president of the community or the president, but our councilor decide.
Costs are rising, prices are rising
Long-term contracts between towns and businesses do not match reality. Waste recipients now pay more than they could foresee when they offered. Today they end or renegotiate these agreements.
Increases in prices can be seen in many areas, so it is hard to expect that they will not affect the cost of garbage collection.
Waste rates are rising. Even four times
– The bulk of the increased fees is due to objectively rising costs. We have a high salary increase, so for business people it means higher labor costs. Business spending is rising due to market price increases. We have to say unambiguously: expeditions are inevitable – Wojcik admits.
However, it points out that the situation on the waste market is another element. In his view, companies are using the situation to inflate the price.
– We mean the bizarre market situation that forces us to raise prices. Our contractors, entrepreneurs who drop out of us, wish much more than before. Skill with you. I do not want to talk about a price agreement, but when you look at the map of Poland, you can see the distribution of their range of influence. When we announce offers, especially in large cities, they are not willing to provide services, or there is one. There are no volunteers in the largest cities, or there is one, and then we dictate the price we have to accept – says the ZMP expert.
As it points out, local governments are already considering whether to return to their own business instead of buying out services. – We are thinking that in this situation we will restore our municipal businesses. Or – where they already exist – expand their activities. Yes, to ensure that actual costs match the costs incurred.
Cities will pay retrospectively?
The Ministry of the Environment is preparing an amendment to the law on order and cleanliness in municipalities. Among other things, it wants municipalities to be able to subsidize residents with waste fees.
At present, regulations do not allow them to generate additional costs and increase the budget deficit for municipal waste. The system must be balanced.
City representatives are opposed to these proposals. – For fear of social resistance, responsibility for increasing costs for local governments is transferred. Many citizens do not see a difference in the powers of central and local government. There is no consensus to get into the pocket – Mark Wojcik emphasizes strength. – It is a bad attempt to introduce a legal solution that eliminates cost and fee balancing. Thanks for these suggestions. We do not want that. It forces us to force our own resources, this time for garbage subsidies.
It emphasizes that local governments are already burdened with numerous subsidies and that others have strict budgets. – It can not be said to raise the price for waste management separately from anything else that concerns self-government. They are interconnected vessels. We still have to pay for something. At present, education is crucial to budgets, which is a priority. We have a hard figure, we need to add 44 grams per zloty. It is a serious burden – says Wojcik.
The additional burden on local governments for waste subsidies must be reflected in additional fees, which will need to be increased in order for budgets to be closed. That means we will pay more for waste. Even if the nominal price remains the same in the account.
4 hours ago
piadaafter all, there is 1% of inflation that can not afford such a "small" increase, look at TVPIS, explain to you that it's okay
4 hours ago
ecologistAnd I use all of my garbage in the mine and I have broken the waste disposal contract and they can jump on me.
5 hours ago
oleAnd maybe invest in a waste incinerator ….
Expand Comments (99)
Selected for you