Yesterday, 8 November (8:07)
Update: Yesterday, November 8 (08:50)
Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo on Thursday signed a binding long-term contract to purchase natural gas LNG with Cheniere Marketing International. The contract was concluded for 24 years.
PGNiG has signed a gas supply contract at the LNG terminal in Świnoujście / photo. Albin Marciniak / Eastern News
"The Management Board of Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo SA (" PGNiG "," the Company ") announces on 8 November 2018, after receiving the required corporate approvals, a binding long-term LNG purchase contract from Cheniere Marketing International, LLP ("Cheniere") – reads in his statement.
As it was delivered, the Cheniere contract for LNG terminal delivery is. President Lech Kaczyński in Świnoujście was closed for 24 years. LNG supplies will be roughly 0.73 billion cubic meters between 2019 and 2022. gas after re-blending over the entire period; between 2023 and 2042, approximately 39 billion cubic meters. after reunification, for the whole period, ie about 1.95 billion cubic meters. gas after re-combustion per year.
Deliveries take place in Recipe Delivery Time.
– The agreed terms of the contract, including the competitive price, are fully satisfactory for PGNiG. Thanks to this agreement, we will have regular, growing supplies of LNG from the USA since 2019. The proportion of LNG in our import portfolio is steadily increasing. The dynamically evolving global liquefied gas market allows us to choose among the best deals in this segment – said Piotr Woźniak, Chairman of the Board of PGNiG SA.
– PGNiG is an important partner of Cheniere in the growing European market and we look forward to long-term cooperation that will ensure safe and convenient delivery of PGNiG clean fuels such as LNG – said Cheniere President and CEO Jack Fusco. "This agreement supports our Cheniere development plans, which fit our business of signing contracts with a wide range of clients around the world and strengthening our leadership in the US LNG field," he added.
LNG loads from Cheniere will flow to Poland from Sabine Pass condensing terminals in Louisiana and Corpus Christi, Texas.
PGNiG intends to sign two other LNG contracts
PGNiG, which has just signed a long-term liquefied gas supply contract with Cheniere Marketing International LLP, plans to sign two other LNG contracts – said PGNiG President Piotr Woźniak.
– We plan two more LNG contracts. We want to build a full supply portfolio – said Woźniak during a press conference.
– We sign a variety of LNG contracts with US companies, all have one thing in common – they are 20 to 30 percent. cheaper than currently bought gas from Russia – he added.
President Andrzej Duda: Poland wants very close and cooperates with the US in the field of security
Poland is very close and wants to work with the United States on security – said President Andrzej Duda, referring to the agreement signed on Thursday by PGNiG with Cheniere Marketing International.
He said he hoped the agreement signed on Thursday would be the next step.
Duda said that today there are US troops present in Poland. – I am delighted that this cooperation is also developing in the field of energy security. If I look at it, I can courageously say: this is a real transatlantic partnership, this is the real partnership between Poland and the United States, which I also dreamed – I can say with full responsibility – President Lech Kaczynski – said Duda.
He thanked Cheniere Marketing International and PGNiG for "signing this agreement".
– I believe that cooperation between societies will be perfect and that this extremely important step is extremely important because it means not only close cooperation between Poland and the United States, but above all in the field of energy. Because I want to re-emphasize, which means long-term and long-term cooperation, it will be an introduction to other activities that will be carried out on this issue – he stressed.
US Energy Secretary on PGNiG with Cheniere Marketing International: It's a great day for the whole of Europe
It is a great partnership and a great day for Europe; the diversification of energy sources equals the strength of the Polish economy – said US Energy Secretary Rick Perry, commenting on the PGNiG agreement with Cheniere Marketing International.
– I wanted to bend my head for understanding how important diversification is. In the United States, we are lucky to be able to provide this energy through US technology, innovation – and thanks to God – these resources are currently available – he added.
As he said, "Cheniere, one of the big LPG companies and PGNiG," is a "great partnership". – This is a signal for the whole of Europe, which is why you can develop the future of Europe, ensure energy security, diversify energy sources – it is a great day for Europe – Perry said.
PAP / INTERIA.PL