"Plastic Odyssey", a ship to raise awareness of recycling plastic waste



A ship that decides to use plastic as fuel: it is the adventure of Plastic Odissey. Prototype was running. Part of the crew was in Brussels to present the project on Thursday.

"This catamaran is a recycling ambassador"Simon Bernard, the engineer and initiator of the project, explains:" Several teams of engineers have teamed up to develop a system that is freely accessible. "" The plastic is processed to get the diesel and gasoline that's part of it, and a kg of plastic can give a liter of fuel.

The goal is not to clean the oceans. "Once it is at sea, it is too late: only 1% of the plastic is wasting on the surface, the remaining 99% falling or spreading to microparticles"Simon Bernard explains again."The tap must be switched off at the source and must be accessible for recycling. ""The aim is to offer the countries most affected by pollution, developing countries, recycling technologies that can be replicated and improved to create a mono network of small recycling companies, "

Simon BERNARD, engineer and initiator of the Plastic Odyssey project, is guest M, editor of the Mag
M, the mag editor, from Tuesday to Friday at 18:20


Source link