Tuesday , June 18 2019
Home / switzerland / Jonas († 12) had to die because of a broken electric appliance

Jonas († 12) had to die because of a broken electric appliance



Exploring the cause of a multi-dwelling fire in Steffisburg on Sunday showed that a technical defect in the freezer caused a fire. Fire killed a twelve-year-old boy.

On Sunday night, the Weiergraben 34 multi-family house in Steffisburg BE was completely burned. Jonas * († 12) died in flames (Blick reported). Cantonal police fire investigators now find out: A technical fault in an electrical appliance has triggered a fire.

According to spokesman Kapo Bern, the device is freezer. Several devices were standing next to each other in one room – one broken and lit. Then the flames attacked the wooden house and surprised the inhabitants in their sleep. The fire caused a loss of more than one million francs.

Parents wanted to save Jonas

Further, the body that the investigators found in the ruin was formally identified. So the police confirmed it was a twelve-year-old boy from the Bern canton.

Just before 3:30 on Sunday, the fire broke out. When the rescue service arrived, the house was in full swing. The local resident said in shock: "cries have pulled me out of my sleep." There were three sides in the house.

Jonas's big sister Julia (14) seems to be one of the first to be alarmed, said the relative Andreas B. *, who looked at LOOK. "She'd begun her family and was about to climb over the gazebo before the flames started." Parents tried to save Jonas, he says. They wounded and had to go to the hospital.

Neighbors sacrificed themselves

Other survivors managed to escape to the last second, said Andreas B. *. The tenant on the second floor, a good friend of his, could wake his girlfriend and then run away dressed in underwear. "His clothes, papers, mobiles, everything was burning." He brought his girlfriend socks and jacket.

The rest of the people brought their clothes to the residents at night. "We were until dawn," said the neighbor.

The residential unit is no longer residential. Steffisburg was shocked on Sunday. A reader who lives just a few yards away, BLICK said, "We are a small village, you can feel terrified." Andreas B. * said: "Material damage is not so bad – in the face of a family tragedy. die. "(Hah)


Source link