Oleksandr Khatskevich said his players have no more experience playing synthetic coatings.
28 November 2018, 18:11
Chief coach Dinamo Alexander Khatskevich answered questions from journalists on the eve of a match with Astana in Europa League.
– How will the game be affected by the fact that the outside temperature is below zero and the heat inside the arena?
– Of course, it would be harder for us to play in the winter, and +15 is a fairly comfortable temperature for playing football, especially because there is no wind, the field is balanced. Generally, I think the pitch will be even higher.
– What is your view of the lawn that will have to play?
– Each synthetic lawn has its own specifics. Generally, they have no experience with artificial turf games, although last year we played two games with young boys – the first match was unsuccessful and the second was better because we adapted. The same will happen tomorrow: the faster we adapt to the lawn, the better the game.
– Astana has become the champion of Kazakhstan ahead of schedule and is now experiencing a lack of official matches. How much can it be for you?
– Astana is participating in European competitions not in the first year, just like last year, and this year the situation was the same, so they know how to prepare. I do not think it would be beneficial for us that the opponent has no wrestling practice and we are in good shape. We can only speculate. Everything will be decided tomorrow on the football field.
– What is the situation with Nikita Burda? How is it ready to enter the field from the first minutes?
– He worked with us in the General Group yesterday, and he was acting alone before. Today will be a training that will be a test character for him. Of course, much will depend on the specifics of synthetics: how it will feel in what condition his muscles will be. That's why the answer to your question will only be clear after today's class.
– What football do you expect tomorrow – open or closed?
– We started building our game differently, depending on the strengths of our players. I do not know the teams that went on the pitch and played the draw, everyone is trying to win.
– Who do you think is the most dangerous player in Astana?
– They have a relatively experienced attacker, the players complement each other. There are stronger and more technical players. This danger can come from any player – both in attack and in standard positions, a standard in modern football.
The Astana – Dynamo match will take place on Thursday 29 November. The meeting begins at 17:50 Kyiv.
On Soccer.ua a text translation of the duel will be available.