TALLADEGA, Ala. – Before the start of the Sunday Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Talladega Superspeedway, a total of eight cars will fail. Another car goes down to change the driver.
The fines affect all four Joe Gibbs races and both Roush Fenway race cars between a group of nine.
RELATED: Every car in Boss # 1 expelled The complete Talladega lineup
These teams fall into the back of the 40 cars during the gears before Sunday's GEICO 500 starts (2:00 ET, FOX, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio). Total list (numbered by car number):
- Ryan Newman's 6th Roush Fenway Racing Ford race qualifies for 24th in the Busch Pole qualifying race on Saturday.
- No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota Denny Hamlin (23rd place qualified)
- Race No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (qualified sixth)
- No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota Kyle Buscha (Qualified 22nd)
- No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota Martina Truex Jr.
- No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota Erik Jones (Qualified 27th)
- No. 27 Premium Motorsports Chevrolet Reed Sorenson (Qualified 37th)
- No. 51 Rick Ware Racing Ford Cody Ware (Qualified 40)
- No 62 Beard Motorsports Chevrolet from Brendan Gaughan (Qualified 29)
Gaughan's number 62 will fall back due to driver change. Tyler Reddick went on to win the Xfinity Series race Saturday in qualifying for 62th in Gaughan. Gaughan attended his son's first community and wasn't on the track Saturday.