January 30, 2019 01:15
National Assembly President Juan Guaidó, who sworn last week as a senior president, was not surprised at the action that the prosecutor appointed by the assembly of voters Tarek William Saab has declared against him. He assured, however, that he did not reject threats and persecution.
"I do not exclude a prison threat, and I do not want it to be accepted by us, but I am very responsive to tell you that there is nothing new under the sun, a regime that does not correspond to the Venezuelans, the only reaction is persecution, repression," said Guaidó, when asked at the request of Saab, according to Efe.
"More than a new threat to me, this Parliament, the presidency that is in charge of the Republic, is nothing new, I insist that threats, persecution at this moment do not show but we are here, we continue to exercise our competences," he added.
Formerly, Guaidó sent a report to the Supreme Court workers on his Twitter account: "For those who are now in the TSJ headquarters: the regime is in the final phase, it is unstoppable and you do not have to sacrifice the usurpore and its gang! Think about yourself, your career, the future of your children and our grandchildren, who are also ours. "History recognizes them."
Donald Trump's national security advisor John Bolton reiterated that any attempt to harm the Venezuelan leader of the opposition Juan Guaidó will have serious consequences. "Let me repeat again: they will have serious consequences for those who try to disrupt democracy and damage Guaidó," Bolton explained.
Bolton's warning came after the Prosecutor General demanded preventive action against Guaidó in TSJ.
Preliminary investigation Tarek William Saab has asked the Supreme Court to issue a ban on leaving the country, liquidating or loading assets and freezing Guaid accounts, AFP reported. "We demand that security measures be issued."
He announced that his office would initiate a preliminary investigation before Guaidó for assuming the powers of the executive, which he considers to be a violation of the Constitution. The investigation was requested by the Supreme Court President, Maikel Moreno, last week at the opening ceremony.
Saab said the decision was "there is a citizen who has practically led the action at the expense of the Venezuelan country, even leading to foreign states that have asked Venezuela for very serious measures that will change constitutional order, including isolation bills."
Saab said that this situation "has influenced Venezuelan legality for several years as a result of a completely foreign situation."